Friday, June 17, 2005

Norwalk Aquarium to Focus on the Sound

I was at a party in New Canaan the other evening and a fellow who is on the board of the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk told me that the aquarium was now focusing more on Long Island Sound. I raised my eyebrows because I thought it always had been focusing on Long Island Sound.

But apparently it hadn't been. The Board of Directors formally approved the change the other night. This of course is good news. Anything that draws more attention to the Sound helps create a Long Island Sound "community," which eventually will make more people feel as if the Sound is theirs.

The president of the aquarium, by the way, is Jennifer Herring, which is not a bad name for the head of an aquarium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker