Saturday, September 10, 2005

New Blogs on the Blogroll

I've added four blogs to my blogroll. Two of them (10,000 Birds and DC Birding Blog) link to Sphere, and the other two (Bootstrap Analysis and A Whipporwil) don't but I like reading them so I've added them anyway. Check them out.

Also Matt Sasso's Long Island Diver blog, which was quiet all summer, has a good post on things he and a friend saw while diving near a bridge on the north shore of LI that I'd never heard of (at least I think it's on the north shore). Good stuff -- a glimpse of what's going on under the surface.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks, I am a regular reader of Sphere as well!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ponquogue Bridge is located Hampton Bays, in the Town of Southampton, on the South Shore. It is a bridge that runs over where the canal that connects Moriches and Shinnecock Bays where it empties into Shinnecock Bay.

The bridge that divers use is actually a demolished drawbridge, where the center span of the bridge was removed, leaving a pier on the South end. A much taller bridge (which impedes vessel and vehicle traffic less) is currently used by motorists.

I've dove it several times, and I highly recommend it. Two things, though: 1) a parking permit from the Town of Southampton is required (which can be bought for the day); and, 2) this site should only be dove during slack tide, as the tidal currents are severe.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker