Monday, September 05, 2005

Tee-shirts

It seemed as if half the people on Block Island wore some article of clothing with the Red Sox insignia -- tee-shirts, jerseys, hats, shorts. Fewer people, though still a big percentage, wore Yankee hats and shirts. One shop sold red tee-shirts that said, "My favorite teams are the Red Sox and whoever is playing the Yankees" and navy blue tee-shirts that said, "My favorite teams are the Yankees and whoever is playing the Red Sox."

Red Sox-Yankees, Yankees-Red Sox. I grinned when I saw a tee-shirt worn by a college-age guy: "The sports team from my area is superior to the sports team from your area."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marth's Vineyard was exactly the same.
R

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My all-time favorite t-shirt was seen in a singles' bar in the Hamptons over Memorial Day Weekend. It read, "I will love you until September." Now there's truth in advertising!!!

7:46 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

What about the Mets? There's no glory in being a Mets fan.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker