Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Talk in New Haven

I’ll be in New Haven on Monday to talk about how Connecticut’s elected officials have all-but-abandoned the cleanup of Long Island Sound for the last several years. I’ll also put the situation into historical context (not surprisingly, people have been ignoring the health of the Sound for centuries).

The event is a meeting of the Garden Club of New Haven (I’m always happily surprised by the civic-mindedness and environmental-conscience of Garden Club members). My talk is scheduled to start about 1 p.m., after the regular part of the GCNH meeting, at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station. Get in touch with Nancy Ahlstrom (email: nancy.ahlstrom at yale.edu) if you’re interested in going. And drop me a line if you're interested in having me speak to your organization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker