Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bye-Bye to Another Modern House

[Read 'Modern,' our new blog about mid-century modern houses, here.]

When I get to work in the morning my wife e-mails me stories from the Times that I've missed because I spent too much time with the sports section. Remember the deal (
here) where two guys were going to buy a Paul Rudolph house on the beach in Rhode Island to save it from demolition and then move it to the Catskills? Well, no dice. The guys from the city prepared the land in the Catskills but when they went to get the house, they found that some of it had been changed beyond what they were willing to accept. So say bye-bye to another modern house.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Unbelievable. I can understand that not everyone appreciates modern architecture; that's fine.
But why buy a modern house to begin with if you don't plan to live in it?

It's obvious that the owners simply regard the Rudolph house as disposable. The attitude is that it's ultimately no big deal if it's finally torn down. No doubt they'll tell themselves, with great satfisfaction, that they tried to 'save' the house, before they proceed to build their big, hideous, tacky McMansion.

I need some Alka Seltzer.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker