Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Spitzer's Broadwater Criteria: Environment, Security, Energy

Broadwater opponents, led by Citizens Campaign for the Environment, took their case to Albany today. They apparently didn't get an audience with Governor Spitzer (and maybe they didn't ask for one or expect one) but reporters asked him about it. Here's what he said:

"What you look at, at the end of the day, is the environmental impact, the security impact, the energy impact. These are issues that are critical to the state and the basis on which I will make a decision."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I said it before and I'll say it again: it all comes down to a political decision. I don't like the expression "at the end of the day" and Spitzer seemed to chunk together a bunch of policy ideals at the expense of environment, but I guess that's how business gets done. Like the Great Decider, he'll make his next move known. Just remember, New York would get all kinds of revenues from leases, permits, and royalties and might not be able to resist the cash.

Shame that Connecticut would have to put up with a Grand Decider's opinion up in Albany. That really get's their gall - I should know because I used to live in Connecticut and we hated New York for doing stuff like that.
-sam

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker