Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Revkin's Dot Earth Blog

I and a bunch of others in his address book got an e-mail from Andy Revkin last night saying he's launched a new blog for the Times, called Dot Earth. Here's what he said:

Just a general heads-up that my new blog on the elusive notion of sustainability, Dot Earth, is formally up and running as of Tuesday at http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com after a 'soft' launch last couple days.

Some fun posts on bush, the population 'cluster' bomb, a primate painter (painter of rare primates), a contest offering cash rewards for emissions cuts, and more. And please have a look at the slideshow, which kind of explains why I'm doing this.

I hope you'll have a read, post a comment if something strikes a chord, pass me feedback, and pass the link around if you like what you see.

Andy's a good guy and obviously a first-rate reporter, and I would have linked to his blog anyway, but I'm especially happy to because he linked to Sphere. Go read it, here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom,
Thanks for the heads-up on the dot Earth blog.

BTW, I wasn't able to answer your question re: the error in the EPA press release on CT. I'll give you an easier one: Can you spot the two operating cooling towers in the photo that accompanies the post entitled Two New (and Very Different) Roadmaps for Climate Progress?

9:57 PM  
Blogger Tom Andersen said...

Here's the error in the EPA press release:

"Through the Nitrogen Credit Exchange, established in 2002, the Conn. program has reduced nitrogen discharges, meeting or exceeding the reduction goal of 58.5 percent by 2014."

If they had met or exceeded the nitrogen reduction goal, they wouldn't need all this Clean Water Fund money to do nitrogen reduction.

Someone who works for the Connecticut DEP noticed it too but EPA never did. The Long Island Sound office sent the press release out as is the day after EPA's press office did so, and hours after I noted that there was an error. It remains uncorrected.

As for the cooling towers, I guess they're the two low buildings with steam coming out of them, flanking the stacks.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker