Monday, March 31, 2008

Little Neck Dolphins

A kayaker encountered dolphins off Little Neck and Manhasset yesterday and wrote to tell me about it:

I was kayaking this morning off of Kings Point and 2 juvenile dolphin swam up to our group. We followed them for about 1/2 hour to the entrance to Manhasset Bay. The water was clear and like mirror so it was easy to see them surfacing over and over. They stayed very close to us and they seemed to be healthy.

I have heard that dolphin used to live here, but never expected to see them.

He was commenting on this post, from December 2005, when white-sided dolphins were seen way out east. I don't know who it was who wrote yesterday but write again -- my email address is to the right -- and maybe with more details we can figure out what kind of dolphins they were.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker