Thursday, April 17, 2008

Plum Island Worries

Whenever I complain about the noise of leaf blowers in my neighborhood someone should remind me that at least I don't live near Plum Island. The Department of Homeland Security is considering Plum Island, which is off the tip of Orient Point, as the site of a new laboratory:

"... a new biosafety level 4 facility -- the highest level lab, where pathogens potentially deadly to humans may be studied."

People on the North Fork aren't all that happy about it, as you can read here in the Suffolk Times.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's no coincidence that many diseases come into Connecticut that just don't belong here. Even living in the Northern part of Ct. concerns me. Based on very limited knowledge of government programs that are accessible to the public, we should all be very, very worried. Poisoned food, water by fluoride, air by Chemtrailing and disease by land just turns my stomach. We are all just lab rats to them.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker