Tuesday, June 10, 2008
By Tom Andersen< > This Fine Piece of Water - An Environmental History of Long Island Sound
About Sphere & Tom Andersen
This is a blog about environmental issues in the New York area in general and Long Island Sound in particular. I'm the author of "This Fine Piece of Water: An Environmental History of Long Island Sound," which came out in 2002. I wrote about the environment and other issues during almost two decades as a newspaper reporter.
Unless you tell me otherwise, I'll assume it's OK to publish what you send me.
What's Been Happening Lately on the Broadwater Issue?
Talks, Lectures, SpeechesClick here for information about public appearances.
We write and publish Sphere on our own time and in a personal capacity, and the views and opinions do not represent the views and opinions of any other organizations we work or write for. We are solely responsible for the content and are not paid for our work (although we might like to be). In short, blame us, no one else.
About The CommentsOur Policy on Anonymous Comments
Other Writings by Tom AndersenTom Andersen: Writings
- Broadwater Appeals; New York and Connecticut Appar...
- Barred Owl
- Sick Lobsters: A Message in a Plastic Bottle
- Connecticut Thinks GE's PCB Cleanup Plan for the H...
- Connecticut Fails to Continue Lobster V-Notch Prog...
- One Way to Get Your Ashes Hauled
- Striped Bass, PCBs, General Electric, Unsafe Fish,...
- Direct from Norwalk: Lovejoy's White Rock and Gras...
- The Fish Are Spawning in the Mianus in Greenwich A...
- Local Oysters
- Tom Andersen: Writings
- Long Island Sound Study
- Save the Sound
- Anti-Broadwater Coalition
- Long Island Sound LNG Task Force
- Wading River Civic Association
- Friends of the Bay (Oyster Bay)
- Water Quality, Winds, Waters Temps: MySound
- Long Island Sound Foundation
- Atlantic Coast Watch
- DEP Hypoxia Maps
- Long Island Sound Resource Center
- Connecticut Fund for the Environment
- Citizens Campaign for the Environment
- Tides: Connecticut
- Tides: New York
- New London-Orient Point Ferry
- LI Ferries
- Bridgeport-Port Jefferson Ferry
- Green Guru Network
- Michael Pollan
- Philip Johnson's Glass House
- Fairfield County Child
- Dot Earth/Andy Revkin
- Farmer's Daughter
- Connecticut Yankee
- Energy Outlook
- Real Climate
- 10,000 Birds
- DC Birding Blog
- Bootstrap Analysis
- Walking the Berkshires
- Hungry Hyaena
- Connecticut Smart Growth
- The Blue Marble
- Poof ‘n’Whiffs
- NYLCV's Ecopolitics Daily
- Enviropolitics Blog
- Environmental Headlines from Chris Zurcher
- Katonah Green